Exotic Pet Care
Exotic Pet Care in South Elgin, IL
Before choosing small mammals, birds, and reptiles as pets, it’s important to do as much research as possible. These animals have many different needs than cats and dogs, and it’s important to plan for those needs.
Specialty services for your exotic pets.
Regardless of species, we recommend annual wellness exams for every patient. Exotic pet exams include a complete health check and conversation regarding husbandry, nutrition, handling, habitat and other factors that determine their quality of life. If you notice any sign of disease or illness in your bird, reptile or small mammal, please bring it to our attention immediately. What appears to be a minor infection or a small cold can escalate very quickly.
Additional services we offer include:
- Spaying/neutering for rabbits and ferrets
- Adrenal gland removal
- Soft tissue and some orthopedic surgeries
- Blood testing and X-rays
- Beak, nail and wing trimming for birds
- Teeth trims for rabbits and guinea pigs
- Nail trims for small mammals
- Care for sick and/or injured pets
Exotic Pet Grooming
Exotic pets benefit from a bit of pampering, too! For our avian and small mammal clients, we offer the following grooming services:
- Beak, nail, and wing trimming for birds
- Teeth trimming for rabbits and guinea pigs
- Nail trims for all small mammal species
Exotic species are specifically handled in our South Elgin and Geneva locations. Contact our grooming teams at the appropriate clinic for more information.
Schedule An Appointment
Contact us or schedule an appointment today at Animal Care Clinic of Randall Pointe. We can’t wait to be your exotic pet vet!